When you’re planning your wedding, organization is a must. With the many different aspects for you to take care of, it can easily become overwhelming if you don’t stay ahead of the game. Here are 5 essential tips that will help you stay organized as you plan your big day.
1. Estimating the Number of Guests – While you will have to wait until all of your invitation recipients RSVP to find out the exact number of guests, you can do a quick estimation by assuming that 30% of the people you invited won’t show up. So, if you invite 100 guests, you can estimate that 33 guests won’t show up.
2. Treat it Like a Job – Wedding planning is supposed to be fun, and it can be, if you treat it a bit like a job. Take it seriously and make sure you set aside time each week to get another task or several tasks completed.
3. The Wedding Notebook – Purchase a binder and divider tabs and use it as your wedding planning notebook. Keep important things inside like vendor numbers, locations, vendor information and venue information. You can also keep contracts inside the binder so they’re in a safe location where you can access them easily.
4. Vendor Agreements – Always get vendor agreements in writing, even if the agreement changes and it’s a tiny change. It’s essential that you get every agreement in writing in case the vendor defaults on a promise and you need to take action against them.
5. Get Help – Don’t be afraid to ask for help from family members or friends. Planning a wedding is a lot of work and your best buds can really help. Just make sure no matter what they do, that they maintain your organization of the planning.
By staying organized, wedding planning can be more like a fun hobby than a dreadful chore! These 5 tips can help soon-to-be brides maintain their organization and sanity.